Re: Clarification of my comment on giving up on process issues

2006-04-16 13:29:27
"Frank" == Frank Ellermann <nobody(_at_)xyzzy(_dot_)claranet(_dot_)de>
writes:

    Frank> IMHO Sam's proposal was meant to help Randy and Harald (as
    Frank> the list-moms of two affected lists), and the IESG with a
    Frank> certain "situation" (RfC 3934 not good enough, 3683 too
    Frank> disruptive) - as it turned out the IESG didn't need this
    Frank> and went with 3683.

My proposal was meant to give the community some room to hash out the
mailing list issue and to try and encourage more positive discussion.
I've been swamped by day job issues and by some technical work within
the IESG and have not gotten back to it.  I will try and get the
necessary consensus.  I do strongly support my proposal and/or
something more targeted at a BCP.  I'm quite sure I'd resign rather
than go through another non-trivial PR-action under the current
procedures.

--Sam