Off topic: Montreal pipe organ builder tour

2006-05-15 14:48:02

Have you ever wondered what it takes to build a pipe organ? Casting pipe
metal, building wind chests, voicing pipes, installing trackers, rollers,
squares, couplers, sliders and pallets?

Well, you may have a chance to see it all in Montreal.

We are in the process of arranging a tour of Casavant Freres, the largest
builder in North America as well as Orgues Letourneau Ltd another famous
builder in the area.

http://www.casavant.ca/

http://www.letourneauorgans.com/organs/opus64.html  (for example)

Both builders are located about 45 mins drive from downtown Montreal.

We don't have a date and time yet, and I have promised our hosts that we
will limit the number of people on the tour, so if you are interested
drop me an e-mail and I will add you to the list and send you further
information later. It will likely be a half- or full-day adventure.

Stay tuned, preferably in quarter-comma meantone :-)

Ole

http://www.organdemo.info

PS. The Casavant web site has a lot of great pictures and information,
start here: http://www.casavant.ca/new_temp/anglais/workshoptour.html

Ole J. Jacobsen
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   GSM: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj