Re: cApitalization

2006-05-24 10:40:26
On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 08:50:04AM -0400, Noel Chiappa wrote:
    > From: Bill Strahm <bill(_at_)strahm(_dot_)net>

    > You think that is bad - try going by your legal Middle Name.
    > Do you know how many systems require a first name and a middle
    > initial...

I once gave very serious consideration to legally changing my first name to
"J" (just the one letter) so that I could mess with such systems, and the
bureacrats who use them. It would have been such a delight... (Boy, it would
have sent the INS people ballistic! :-)

I know a fellow who goes by one name, like Bono or Cher.  When he has to
squeeze himself into such databases, he gives his first name as "Mr".

I believe even he has the sense to have the name the Gov't thinks he
uses on his passport, etc., though I don't know.

--
Ted Faber
http://www.isi.edu/~faber           PGP: http://www.isi.edu/~faber/pubkeys.asc