Re: Last Call: 'SMTP Submission Service Extension for Future Message Release' to Proposed Standard (draft-vaudreuil-futuredelivery)

2006-05-25 20:43:40
On Thursday 25 May 2006 18:39, The IESG wrote:
The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:

- 'SMTP Submission Service Extension for Future Message Release '
   <draft-vaudreuil-futuredelivery-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org or ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org mailing lists by
2006-06-22.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-vaudreuil-futuredelivery-03.txt

This is the first time I've seen this document.  Based on a once through it
seems technically complete and coherent.  The security considerations section
addressed the issues that I thought of when reading the document.

I do have a couple of minor comments:

In the change log, it mentions that the term HOLD has been changed to HOLDFOR
and HOLDUNTIL in this revision of the draft.  In paragraph 4.2.2, MSA
interaction with DSN, the obsolete term HOLD still appears in sub-para 2.
While minor, this should be corrected prior to publication.

There is no collected ABNF.  In general, I find having the entire ABNF
together for reference to be useful as an implementer and so it would be nice
to have in this document.  Additionally, I think that the omission mentioned
in the previous comment would have been obvious in a collected ABNF.

Scott Kitterman