AW: The Emperor Has No Clothes: Is PANA actually useful?

2006-05-29 01:11:29
Hi Jari,

Anyway, I agree with Dave Crocker that the bar should be
higher for using "there's another solution" argument in last
call discussion of chartered work than in, say, a BOF
discussion. Perhaps we should focus more on whether
the function itself is something that we agree on, and
what we can do to fix/scope/help PANA.

That's very true given that some solutions that were mentioned in the
discussion appeared recently while the PANA protocol was in AD
Evaluation for a long time already. One example:
draft-barany-eap-gee-00.txt

Ciao
Hannes