Re: [Techspec] RFC Author Count and IPR

2006-06-01 10:53:06
On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 06:42:06AM -0700, Lucy E. Lynch wrote:
On Thu, 25 May 2006, Harald Alvestrand wrote:

Lucy E. Lynch wrote:
Let me try re-stating my question. Is there a one-to-one relationship
between the listed authors on an IETF document and ownership of the
given document's Intellectual Property?
I can answer that one...

No.

Thank you!

Lucy E. Lynch                                 Academic User Services

        not knowing Harolds legal background or current standing w/
        the ABA, (or EU equivalent) I think that Bob's recommendation
        on getting actual legal advice on your question puts you and
        the organziation represented (IETF) on much better grounding
        than a simple; "I can answer that... no" on an email list.

        just my (uninformed) opinion.

--bill