Re: IETF, IAB, & RFC-Editor

2006-06-14 10:38:31

On  7 Jun 2006, at 04:52, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
I wouldn't want to exclude the operational and implementer community
either. I think the phrase used in draft-iab-rfc-editor is probably
the best short form: "the Internet research and engineering
community." Note of course that there is no way to list off the
names of that community, and any one of them would be a welcome
IETF participant.

An important point is that one ought NOT have to be involved with IETF,
which does standards, (or, for that matter, with IRTF or even ISOC)
in order (A) to be able to use the RFC Editors
services or (B) to be included in the community of interest.

Thanks,

Ran