Re: Last Call: 'Proposed Experiment: Normative Format in Addition to ASCII Text' to Experimental RFC (draft-ash-alt-formats)

2006-06-19 07:46:30

Julian Reschke wrote:
Joe Touch schrieb:
And I'm worried about changes to XML that render the result
uncompilable, not minor text formatting changes. See the changes to 2629
(sometimes referred to as 2629bis, although no I-D has been issued - and
we're currently using this 'bis' version) noted on the xml2rfc pages.
What happens when a real 'bis' WG is created? will the current changes
be supported into the future or not?

Do you have any evidence of non-backwards compatible changes that
occurred in the past?

As I noted off-list, I had this experience, but didn't bother saving the
failed file; that was the 'straw' that shifted me over to revising the
Word template, and I didn't save the failed version (unfortunately).

Joe