Re: Last Call: 'Proposed Experiment: Normative Format in Addition to ASCII Text' to Experimental RFC (draft-ash-alt-formats)

2006-06-15 12:42:33
Henrik Levkowetz schrieb:
Agreed.  Thinking some more about this, the lack of inter-document
links seem to be a complaint that I hear much more often than the
lack of good graphics support.

I was just thinking about how I'm using RFCs day to day. Answer: usually I don't use the ASCII versions at all. Instead, I try to obtain XML (RFC2629) versions of them, produce HTML, and use that instead (collected at: <http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/>).

Why?

- Readability
- Navigation
- Ability to reference a particular section or paragraph with a URL

...and so on.

Best regards, Julian