RE: Last Call: 'Proposed Experiment: Normative Format in Addition to ASCII Text' to Experimental RFC (draft-ash-alt-formats)

2006-06-16 04:52:06

In total, assuming that those are for different documents, that is
still less than 1% if those RFCs published in that time period.

I know some folks are vocal that there is a problem.
But, the evidence suggests otherwise.

I don't understand the logic here.

Of course there are very few PDFs, since they are not normative
and you have to do all the ASCII work anyway.

Face with this requirement, people have several options
1) write partial and/or hard to understand descriptions
2) publish elsewhere
3) patent the ideas and charge us for them
    (it says something about our process if a Government bureaucracy
    that insists on archaic procedures can handle figures and equations
    better than we can)
4) give up.

Y(J)S