RE: [Fwd: Re: Last Call: 'Proposed Experiment: Normative Format inAdditionto ASCII Text' to Experimental RFC (draft-ash-alt-formats)]

2006-06-26 00:35:07
On 25-jun-2006, at 22:41, Stewart Bryant wrote:

As an example,  this .gif extracted from the Y.1711 OAM protocol
would be quite difficult in ASCII.

I'm not surprised, as it contains too much information to be readable
in a 925 pixel wide GIF. I think this supports Stephen's point that
if a diagram can't be expressed as ASCII art it's too complex.