Re: IETF66 - Recommendations for travel from airport to hotels?

2006-07-05 17:38:45
Unfortunately the Delta doesn't seem to qualify for a free shuttle. The nearest is probably the Queen Elizabeth (900 boulevard Rene-levesque Ouest) which is about 0.25 mile from the Delta.. Alternatives include riding to the central bus station and taking the metro (Orange Line, direction Cote Vertu) three stops from the metro station at Berri-UQAM (under the bus station) to Square Victoria - this station has an exit either in or right in front of the Delta. (Place D'Armes will be better for the hotels closer to the Palais des Congres)

Shuttles run approx every 25-35 minutes and are scheduled to take about 40 minutes.

BTW for the seriously lazy, the Palais des Congres is on top of the Place D'Armes metro stop which is one stop back towards the central bus station from Square Victoria

There are regional commuter trains out to Dorval but the service is seriously sparse at the weekend and just as bad outside of early morning inbound and evening rush hour outbound. Forget it.

Fares:
Airport shuttle - one way 13 CAD, return 22.75 CAD
Metro: per trip any distance (I assume): 2.50 CAD single trip, 11.50 CAD for a six trip card, one day and three day tourist passes available.
Tickets sold at stations or on buses (on buses exact change only)

Handy links:
Airport shuttle bus: http://www.autobus.qc.ca/anglais/aeroportuaire_an.html
Useful handily zoomable map of the centre of Montreal (probably the best online city map I have ever seen!): http://www.stcum.qc.ca/English/info/centre-ville2006.pdf The whole city map is much bigger but equally good: http://www.stcum.qc.ca/English/info/reseau2006.pdf Metro map: http://www.stcum.qc.ca/English/metro/a-mapmet.htm - click on any station for local info including a large scale map with station entrance/exit points marked.
Bus/metro fares: http://www.stcum.qc.ca/English/info/a-tarif.htm
Montreal transport home page: http://www.stcum.qc.ca/English/a-somm.htm

Regards,
Elwyn

Yangwoo Ko wrote:

Why not just googling?

I entered aerobus and montreal at Google, and found
the following link.

http://www.admtl.com/passenger_services.aspx?id=48

If this is correct, the aerobus takes us to "a few"
points in downtown from which we can take free shuttle
to "hotels".

Nelson, David wrote:

Aerobus shuttle bus service runs from the downtown bus terminal (514-842-2281) with several stops before taking
the highway. Fares are lower than taxis: $12 to or from
Trudeau.

And from the bus terminal to the hotel?  Presumably taxi or city bus?
Any other alternatives?

Are they any shuttle busses from the airport that make stops at the
downtown hotels?