Re: IETF66 - Recommendations for travel from airport to hotels?

2006-07-07 19:30:16
On 6-jul-2006, at 3:08, Elwyn Davies wrote:

Airport shuttles:
Unfortunately the Delta doesn't seem to qualify for a free shuttle. The
nearest is probably the Queen Elizabeth (900 boulevard Rene-levesque
Ouest) which is about 0.25 mile from the Delta..

This doesn't involve taking a second 'free' shuttle as the main, paid-for, shuttle stops here on the way to the central bus station.

After spending nearly an entire day in airport lounges and in the air I may not have been operating at peak efficiency, but I must say that the ground transportation situation at the Montreal airport is about as bad as it gets. There are no clues to be had for the traveller who didn't plan ahead in great detail, so I ended up taking a cab, which is so popular that you have to wait in line for one.

Good thing some British pounds I had laying around go a long way towards purchasing Canadian dollars (that have the same queen on them). There is a fixed airport - city rate of $35.

If and when the IETF finally returns to Holland everyone can enjoy the advantages of having a train station with regular and cheap connections in all directions right under the arrivals hall.