RE: netwrk stuff

2006-07-21 07:04:33
Dave Crocker writes...

The key point is having a status that is determined by
market penetration, rather than technical details.  Proposed
is for the technical work.  Full is for market success.

That sounds reasonable.

By way of providing some incentive, I suggest that Proposed
have a limit, such as 3 or 5 years (and, yes, we can quibble
about that, too.) If the work cannot gain sufficient adoption
by the end of that time, it has failed and warrants moving to
Historic.

I think that may be too harsh, if there has been some adoption in the
market but less than "sufficient" adoption (however we define that).
Perhaps moving to Informational would be more appropriate, in those
cases.

Regards,

Dave Nelson