Re: RFC Editor RFP Review Request

2006-07-27 07:25:38

Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
I agree that things would be simpler if we could come up with a way to
do things that didn't require figuring out the answer.  Unfortunately,
I'm not convinced we can.  Before I go any further, let me point out
that I have no reason to believe that ISI will act other than in good
faith and in accordance with the best interests of the Internet.

s/ISI/IESG/, and for that matter, IETF.

I don't see how adding disclaimers of documents that are not generated
in nor declared as related to the IETF requires a disclaimer. I don't
think adding that statement - which *will* have a chilling effect on
independent submissions - is in the best interest of the Internet.

Joe