Re: Novell IETF bag

2006-07-31 03:56:32
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ned Freed" <ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com>
To: "Philip Matthews" <philip_matthews(_at_)magma(_dot_)ca>
Cc: "IETF Discussion" <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Saturday, July 29, 2006 4:25 PM
Subject: Re: Novell IETF bag

After four and a half years of solid use, one of the fasteners
on the strap of my Novell IETF bag (from IETF 52) has finally given out.
Since I am otherwise in love with this bag, I am trying to find a
replacement strap.

Does anyone happen to know who manufactured this bag
and/or where one might find a replacement strap?

And is there an equivalent bag available for general purchase when my
bag finally bites the dust?

I would also like to know where to get an equivalent. I use mine every day and
sooner or later it is going to fall apart.

PS. Kudos to the person at Novell responsible for giving out these bags
at IETF 52. I have never worked for Novell, but with such a solid and
feature-rich bag, I have no problems walking around  with a bag with
"Novell"
written all over it.

Yep, without doubt one of the best giveways we've ever had.

Fascinating.  I too got a Novell bag and it was so bulky and heavy that I
considered leaving it in the hotel room.  I eventually managed to squeeze it
into my luggage without exceeding the weight limit and, once gotten home, left
it to gather dust - after all the hassle, I could not bring myself to throw it
away.  But since an ocean separates us, I don't think that my idle specimen can
be of much service to you.  Now were the IETF to meet in London, ....

Tom Petch

Ned