RE: NomCom 2006/07: Selection Process Reset

2006-09-01 17:18:59

And to that hopefully final note, lets not forget that taking on the
responsibility of NOMCOM chair is a generally thankless task that Andrew has
volunteered to do.

The process has to go forward and Harald is completely correct.

I was selected in the previous spin and if selected again Andrew will, of
course, have my compete support.

-----Original Message-----
From: Harald Alvestrand [mailto:harald(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no]
Sent: Friday, September 01, 2006 3:04 AM
To: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: NomCom 2006/07: Selection Process Reset

Just to say "me too"...

I think that Andrew as Nomcom chair needs to have the authority to make
the decision in this case and make it stick, no matter how many people
think that he could have done better.

I've got no problem with the community having opinions about his
decisions, and even somehow encoding that into the advice left for later
chairs - but I think it's 100% right that it is HIS decision.

                     Harald