Re: Adjusting the Nomcom process

2006-09-06 23:20:04
Ralph Droms wrote:

Perhaps we could avoid similar delays in generating the final list of
volunteers in the future:

Secretariat generates a list of eligible volunteers as early as possible
 (As far as I know, eligibility data is available well before call for
  volunteers is posted)
List is used to verify volunteers when offer to volunteer is received
Volunteer can contest eligibility
List of volunteers is ready as soon as volunteer period closes

Seems like this process would lend itself well to automation; I can imagine
a web tool that accepts offers to volunteer, checks eligibility against list
from the Secretariat and gives immediate feedback to ineligible volunteers.

- Ralph

The nomcom pool is in my view very much at the low water mark So an
extension to Ralph's idea would be for the Secretatiat to send a direct
mail to all those who are  eligable to say that they are eligable for this
important task and invite them to volunteer by clicking a hyperlink in
the mail. The mail should probably include a note from the Nomcom
chair etc.

- Stewart