Re: RFC Compliance Certification Authority?

2006-10-18 07:41:52
jax871-ietf(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com wrote:
Hello,

I'm wondering if someone can refer me to any organizations/businesses that
can provide an independent review of software for verification &
validation of RFC compliance? I've seen a couple older threads on this
mailing list that suggest they don't exist, and that only occasionally one
may find some interoperability tests available through the Working Group
that published a particular RFC. Just looking for some clarification.

Thank you,
-Len Marinis

Len,

The IETF is not in the validation business, indeed. I'm not aware of
any generic answer to your question, but there are interop testing
events or certification mechanisms for some protocols, quite
independent of the IETF. You just have to find them case by case.

You can find IETF implementation reports, when they exist,
at http://www.ietf.org/IESG/implementation.html. Please
read the disclaimer at the top of that page.

   Brian Carpenter
   IETF Chair