Re: RFC Compliance Certification Authority?

2006-10-18 08:23:30
jax871-ietf(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com wrote:
Hello,

I'm wondering if someone can refer me to any organizations/businesses
that can provide an independent review of software for verification & validation of RFC compliance?

I have never seen such an activity covering the entire set of IETF RFCs.
 It should be huge if it ever existed.

I've seen a couple older threads on this mailing list that suggest they don't exist, and that only occasionally one may find some interoperability tests available through the Working Group that published a particular RFC. Just looking for some clarification.

Recently in the NEMO Working Group there is discussion about how to make
the "IPv6-Ready Logo" be inline with the particular RFC that describes
NEMOv6.

IPv6 Ready Logo is a program of the IPv6 Forum.  I think they try to
cover all that's IPv6.

Other times an RFC may describe a particular implementation of an
encryption algorithm for IP messages, itself being designed outside
IETF, and for which some independent validations may exist.

Yet other times a particular RFC describes what's the outputs that
should correspond to the inputs of a particular authentication algorithm
 - enough of validation per se.

Alex