Re: with merit?

2006-10-19 09:31:56
Sam Hartman wrote:
"Robert" == Robert Sayre <sayrer(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> writes:

    Robert> On 10/17/06, Sam Hartman <hartmans-ietf(_at_)mit(_dot_)edu> wrote:
    >>
    Michael> Can an appeal be rejected with merit?
    >>  Yes.  I think Robert's recent appeal was rejected that way.

    Robert> I don't feel that way. I did wait a long time for a
    Robert> response.

Brian's note explained why we believe that the current process and
security policy support our position.

RFC2026 doesn't support your position or the security policy. And I found the sentence about discussion that took place on this list particularly objectionable. You heard from a lot of HTTP implementers and decided that the process junkies on this list make IETF consensus.

I respect that you disagree
with that conclusion.  However the ball is now in your court.  You are
welcome to build consensus behind a proposal to change the process, to
better document the process, etc.

OK. I want to write a document that makes MTI a non-requirement for HTTP1.1-based protocols, because I believe that is the consensus in the HTTP community. How do I get that done?

-Rob