Re: with merit?

2006-10-20 20:47:45
OK. I want to write a document that makes MTI a non-requirement for HTTP1.1-based protocols, because I believe that is the consensus in the HTTP community. How do I get that done?

IMHO, you need IETF-wide consensus for this, not just consensus within the "HTTP community", because your proposal would affect a lot more than just the "HTTP community". The fact that a group of implementors wants to relax the requirements for standardization is, by itself, unpersuasive.

But don't let that stop you from writing a draft and attempting to build community consensus around it. If you can make a good technical argument for why the criteria should be relaxed, you might convince enough people to get rough consensus.

Keith