Re: Call for Nominations - NomCom06

2006-10-20 19:50:30
Thanks for moving really quickly.

We really need to give Henrik and his herd a raise...

Spencer

From: "Cullen Jennings" <fluffy(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>

Wow - that was fast. Thanks.

On Oct 20, 2006, at 3:28 PM, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:

Hi Cullen,

on 2006-10-20 21:21 Cullen Jennings said the following:
Sam - sorry - we should have tested this.

Andrew -  my feeling is that we need to provide a solution to this
soon. It's seems to me that just accepting email nominations would be
one of the easiest ways to do it.

For the record, email nominations is already mentioned as a fallback
solution on the Nomcom front page (http://tools.ietf.org/group/ nomcom/06).

For this nomcom could we switch to
accepting either web or email nominations and in the future we can
work with the tools team to make sure any web versions work well with
text browsers?

I hope the text browser issue is resolved now -- I've tested w3m and
lynx.  Lynx won't work (can't handle the digest auth.) but w3m should
work fine now.

I imagine there will be similar issues with the rest
of the web forms.

I've gone through them all, and they should be OK.  If there are
any further issues, I'll work to address them swiftly.

Regards,

Henrik