Re: [David Kessens] DISCUSS: draft-carpenter-rescind-3683

2006-10-19 14:15:54
"Joel" == Joel M Halpern <joel(_at_)stevecrocker(_dot_)com> writes:

    Joel> After re-read Brian's draft, RFC 3683, RFC 3934, and the
    Joel> relevant portions of RFC2418 I support the IESG/ADs ability
    Joel> to make longer than 30-day suspensions and to engage in
    Joel> alternate methods of mailing list control, as described in
    Joel> 2418.  I agree that the IESG having only the option of 1
    Joel> year suspension, as required by RFC 3683, is unduly
    Joel> restrictive, does not help us, and should be rescinded.  If
    Joel> 3683 were rescinded without explicitly restoring the ability
    Joel> to make longer suspensions, then we would have to explain
    Joel> what other courses of action we did intend to have
    Joel> available.  Hypothetically, there might be some better
    Joel> alternative, so I am not coupling my response to the two
    Joel> questions.

To clarify, I have not issued the last call yet, I was just forwarding David's
discuss comment to the appropriate list and letting people know how I plan to
proceed.

There's no need to re-respond to the LC when it does come out though.