Re: Last Call: 'Progressive Posting Rights Supsensions' to BCP (draft-carpenter-rescind-3683)

2006-10-25 14:09:27
My head is spinning.

The draft (ignoring 3683) restores 2418 and adds the extra powers
created by 3934. I've been told by the author of 3934 that removing
the powers created by 2418 was not intended (even though there is
no other way to read the words in 3934). So I think the question on
the table is: does the community want the union of the powers created
by 2418 and 3934?

I can certainly agree that 4633, for its lifetime, seems to grant
at least these powers. But of course if we go that way, this discussion
will be back again in a year.

    Brian