Re: draft-kolkman-appeal-support

2006-11-06 15:05:32

On 17 okt 2006, at 09.33, John C Klensin wrote:

> Of course, as suggested in earlier notes, I'd find the idea of
> endorsements ("supporters") completely acceptable and even a
> good idea (i) if anyone in who participates actively in the IETF
> could do an endorsement, (ii) if there were no restriction on
> repeat endorsements, (iii) if the endorsements were expected to
> contain analysis and information that actually contributed to
> the consideration of the appeal, and (iv) if the whole
> endorsement idea had been sufficient thought through that we
> could have confidence that requests for endorsements did not set
> off discussions firestorms on the IETF list.

The reason why I like the "number of people endorsing the appeal must
be greater than N" is because that is for me a simple objective rule
that forces the (individual) person that appeals first talk with
others, and agree with others on the content of the appeal itself.

So, I support the suggestion from Olaf.

I'm not convinced this is going to reduce the number of appeals much if at all,
but I think this is about as far as we dare go.

                                Ned