Re: draft-kolkman-appeal-support

2006-11-09 11:06:02

On 17 okt 2006, at 09.33, John C Klensin wrote:

Of course, as suggested in earlier notes, I'd find the idea of
endorsements ("supporters") completely acceptable and even a
good idea (i) if anyone in who participates actively in the IETF
could do an endorsement, (ii) if there were no restriction on
repeat endorsements, (iii) if the endorsements were expected to
contain analysis and information that actually contributed to
the consideration of the appeal, and (iv) if the whole
endorsement idea had been sufficient thought through that we
could have confidence that requests for endorsements did not set
off discussions firestorms on the IETF list.

The reason why I like the "number of people endorsing the appeal must be greater than N" is because that is for me a simple objective rule that forces the (individual) person that appeals first talk with others, and agree with others on the content of the appeal itself.

So, I support the suggestion from Olaf.

   Patrik