Re: SRV records considered dubious

2006-11-22 13:50:20
 there is also a
tendency of people who have vague and/or poorly-thought-out
proposals to demand that other people invest more work
determining the nature of the problems with their proposals,
than they have themselves invested in analyzing either the
problem they purport to be trying to solve or the potential
pitfalls of their proposed solution.

I might be incompetent but I am pretty sure that my proposals are not vague.

I wasn't talking about you, or about any specific proposal that you've
written.

I have made very detailed technical proposals. I have shown that it is
entirely possible to support wildcarded prefixed DNS records without changing
the legacy infrastructure and without changing the wildcard definition in
DNSSEC.

okay, fine.  while I'm sure they're useful, wildcard prefixed DNS
records is not a problem that I've seen a pressing need to solve.

I have made exceptionally specific technical proposals yet you still don't
seem to feel that these rise to the level that warrants your technical
consideration (as opposed to the time taken to reply here).

it's not as if I'm equally interested in all proposals.  I, like you,
have a limited amount of time and energy and choose to expend that time
and energy on proposals that matter to me - either because I think
they're trying to do something important and beneficial or because I
think there's a significant chance that they'll do harm.

Keith