RE: SRV records considered dubious

2006-11-22 14:14:51

From: Keith Moore [mailto:moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu]

okay, fine.  while I'm sure they're useful, wildcard prefixed
DNS records is not a problem that I've seen a pressing need to solve.

Neither do I as a matter of fact. In the case of DKIM base it is utterly
unnecessary. We don't want that feature.

The point is that given two technical choices some people assert that the
inability to support wildcards means that only the choice that is unacceptable
to me is viable, hence the need to demonstrate that the acceptable solution is
equally viable.