Re: Fwd: The IESG Approved the Expansion of the AS Number Registry

2006-11-27 12:23:26
On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 14:16:33 -0500
Russ Housley <housley(_at_)vigilsec(_dot_)com> wrote:

I believe that this note should have been CCed to this mail list.  I
believe this action is of general interest.

Do you want me to forward this to the NANOG list?

To: IANA <iana(_at_)iana(_dot_)org>
From: IESG Secretary <iesg-secretary(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 09:56:13 -0500
Cc: iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: The IESG Approved the Expansion of the AS Number Registry

Dear IANA,

The IESG has approved the expansion of the size of the AS Number
registry described in draft-ietf-idr-as4bytes-12.txt before the
approval of the document. Please expand the AS Number space to
include the values 65536 through 4294967295, initially marked as
"Held by IANA".

Allocations can be made to the RIRs prior to the publication of
this RFC.

Thank You,
The IESG