RE: DNS Choices: Was: [ietf-dkim] Re: Last Call: 'DomainKeys

2006-12-07 08:29:22
Peter Sherbin writes...

policies regarding cost and "authentication".  In that regard,
snail-mail is not a very good analogy for e-mail discussions.

The basic premise is all the same: user -> need to send ->
delivery charge.
Fee collector does not matter: US Post, UPS, FedEx, DHL,
Purolator or ISP.

Yes, but my point was that it would be relatively difficult to subvert a
post office employee or insert mail into the postal system by bypassing
the post office.  I'm not so sure that the analogous properties hold for
ISPs and the Internet.  There are just too many ways to get attached,
and inject traffic.  Assuming that all ISPs would comply with both the
spirit and letter of the rule, in this regard, is perhaps naive.