Re: ion-ion-store open for public comment

2006-12-15 06:48:55
Dear Brian;

On Dec 15, 2006, at 5:03 AM, Brian Carpenter wrote:

An ION (IETF Operational Note, see RFC 4693) is open for public comment
on the ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org list. Comments should be sent by 2006-12-31.

You don't say to where comments should be sent, so I am sending this to the IETF list.

In this ION, there is
HTTP Access to IONs

The IONs can be found at:
http://www.ietf.org/IESG/content/ions
The standard HTTP URL for the current version of this document would then be "http://www.ietf.org/IESG/content/ions/ion-ion-store.html";, and the stable URL to the dated version would be "http://www.ietf.org/ IESG/content/ions/dated/ion-ion-store-2006-07-23.html".
HTTP Access to Drafts
Drafts open for public comments can be downloaded with HTTP at:

http://www.ietf.org/IESG/content/ions/drafts

Both of these URLs point to "naked" directory lists, which only give the file name and the date. This means of archiving documents does not scale; I would recommend at least a small index.html file at those sites, with at least

- the link to the file
- a brief description of each ION
- its date

and probably an IPR statement or link to the Note Well at the bottom. This would scale up to a few dozen IONs, which would take a
while.

If you want, I could prepare a mock-up of this for the 3 existing drafts.

Regards
Marshall

Please see
http://www.ietf.org/IESG/content/ions/drafts/ion-ion-store.html