Re: ion-ion-store open for public comment

2006-12-19 08:13:54
Dave Crocker wrote:

Brian E Carpenter wrote:

If this sort of experiment is successful, then there will be significant
disruption to the user base if the mechanism is moved to a new hosting
mechanism.

As stated in 4693, we'd simply keep them as web pages at www.ietf.org. This
isn't rocket science.

Thanks for making clear that my concern about developing entrenched behavior is
correct.

In other words, Brian, by running the experiment, in its current form, you are
ensuring that meaningful changes can't be made without disruption.

I truly don't get your concern. We have mechanisms today to get
operational material onto the IETF web site. We won't be siwtching
those mechanisms off while running the ION experiment. If, which
I doubt, we decide IONs aren't a success, we will simply post the
ION material to the web site in the current way. If they are a success,
we'll consolidate the ION mechanism in the light of experience.
I don't see disruption either way.

   Brian