Re: ion-ion-format open for public comment

2006-12-18 09:03:00
Julian Reschke wrote:

IMHO it would be a good idea in the sense of "own dogfood" not to
serve XHTML content with media type text/html.

Matter of taste, from my POV XHTML 1.0 transitional is the best way
to create backwards compatible (HTML 3.2) content "visible with any
browser".

Or as the ion-ion-format draft puts it:  "no fancy features".  If my
old browser sees some real XML it simply starts my text editor... ;-)

The HTML output of xml2rfc is rather ugly with my browser, and its
nice unpaginated output doesn't offer meta-data and I18N, tough :-(

I18N?

Non-ASCII, the xml2rfc "txt" or "unpg" output is ASCII.  The HTML of
rfcmarkup is very nice, but at that point all meta-data and non-ASCII
is already lost.  Maybe xml2rfc should get a new XHTML output option,
not your "dogfod" of course, normal XHTML 1.0 transitional text/html.

Frank