Re: IANA media type registry vs RFC4288

2006-12-30 05:23:12
Doug Barton schrieb:
Julian Reschke wrote:
Hi,

I noted a few days ago that RFC4288 (obsoleting RFC2048) points to
<http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mediatypes.pl> for the registration form,
but that form hasn't been updated accordingly (it still refers solely to
RFC2048).

Yes, I sent an email to webmaster(_at_)iana(_dot_)org, but didn't get any
feedback
at all. Maybe somebody over here knows whom to ping?

TMK, iana(_at_)iana(_dot_)org (cc'ed) is still the best general purpose address
if you want to get their attention.

It's probably also worth noting that yesterday was a federal holiday
here in the US (Thanksgiving day), and most companies (and I presume
ICANN still does this) give their employees today off as well.

hth,

Doug

For the record: this issue has been resolved a few weeks ago. Thanks to those who actually had to sit down and do the work.

Best regards, Julian