Re: [Ipsec] Re: MUST implement AES-CBC for IPsec ESP

2007-01-22 08:35:09
Steven,

Counter mode is described in:

W. Diffie and M. E. Hellman, "Privacy and Authentication: An
Introduction to Cryptography," Proceedings of the IEEE,
Vol. 67, March 1979, pp. 397-427.

See Figure 18 on page 417.
http://www-ee.stanford.edu/%7Ehellman/publications/32.pdf

-- Bart Preneel
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven                       tel. +32 16 32 11 48
Dept. Electrical Engineering-ESAT / COSIC            fax. +32 16 32 19 69
Kasteelpark Arenberg 10, B-3001 Leuven-Heverlee, BELGIUM

bart(_dot_)preneel(_at_)esat(_dot_)kuleuven(_dot_)be
                          http://www.esat.kuleuven.be/~preneel