ietf-moms

2007-02-01 12:20:43
Michael Richardson [mailto:mcr(_at_)sandelman(_dot_)ca] writes:

If there is interest, I will make a list. If someone has a more PC
name, I'll use it.

As we all know, the absolutely most critically important thing about any
project, and a mailing list should be no exception, is its name.  It should be
something already recognizable as having some memorable meaning, that ideally
has nothing whatsoever to do with its actual purpose.

Therefore, I propose IETF-SOS: IETF Significant OtherS.  Of course, in normal
discourse that last S would be lowercase, to show that it is pluralizing the
acronym, not adding on another word.  However, making that clear would deprive
the anal-retentive of yet another fun thing to argue about.

(Worried that using the last letter is not permitted?  There is precedent, set
by Bill Watterson: GROSS.)

-Dave

--
Dave Aronson
"Specialization is for insects."  -Heinlein