Re: Last Call: draft-mcwalter-uri-mib (Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) MIB) to Proposed Standard

2007-02-09 12:43:04
Sam Hartman wrote:
The title of this document is very confusing and should be revised to
include the string textual convention.

Seeing this last call announcement I was very puzzled why anyone
thought it would be a good idea to hae a MIB for monitoring and
managing all the URIs on a managed system.  I was gratified to find
that this is not what the document was about.

I strongly agree with the above comments. For the title I would recommend:

Textual Conventions for Representing Uniform Resource Identifiers (URIs)

In the same vein, I would recommend URI-TC-MIB for the module name and uriTcMIB for the descriptor representing the MODULE-IDENTITY value. Note that these recommendations are consistent with the (non-binding) advice in Appendix C of RFC 4181 (the MIB review guidelines).

//cmh