Re: Last Call: draft-mcwalter-langtag-mib (Language Tag MIB) to Proposed Standard

2007-02-09 12:48:52
On Thu, 8 Feb 2007, The IESG wrote:
The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
the following document:

- 'Language Tag MIB '
  <draft-mcwalter-langtag-mib-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The title seems to suggest that the document defines managed
objects for managing language tags, which is not the case.

In order to prevent confusion, I would recommend that the title
be changed to:

A Textual Convention for Representing Language Tags

In the same vein, I would recommend LANGTAG-TC-MIB for the module name and langTagTcMIB for the descriptor representing the MODULE-IDENTITY value. Note that these recommendations are consistent with the (non-binding) advice in Appendix C of RFC 4181 (the MIB review guidelines).

//cmh