Re: [secdir] Secdir review comments for draft-ietf-pim-bidir-08

2007-02-14 18:42:31
"Steven" == Steven M Bellovin <smb(_at_)cs(_dot_)columbia(_dot_)edu>
writes:

    Steven> On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 21:14:35 -0800
    Steven> "Joseph Salowey (jsalowey)" <jsalowey(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com> wrote:

    >> I would like to understand better why ...  no automated key
    >> management is specified.
    >>
    Steven> Do they cite any of the reasons listed in RFC 4107?

No.

Bill gave me a heads up about this a while back because I'd indicated
I would hold a discuss on the next document to do this.  I could not
get together the energy to engage with the WG and cause them to design
a security architecture for PIM.

I at least am planning to abstain on this document because the AD
tried to engage and I failed.  I don't think it's good technology for
this not to have automated key management though.