Re: comments on draft-houseley-aaa-key-mgmt-07.txt

2007-02-19 07:31:27
"Lakshminath" == Lakshminath Dondeti <ldondeti(_at_)qualcomm(_dot_)com>
writes:

    Lakshminath> Dan, We are discussing the case of the authenticator
    Lakshminath> providing a different identity to the peer and the
    Lakshminath> server here.  Sam raised that issue.

This is probably the last message you'll hear from me for the next
week.  I'm supposed to be on vacation but I made the mistake of
reading my ietf mail.

However, I was so disgusted by your message that I had to reply.  I
will not make the mistake of reading ietf mail until I return again.

We're discussing Dan's last call comment.  There's no way Dan can be
wrong about what problem we're discussing.H We may not understand him,
but it is completely inappropriate to correct him and tell him that
he's bringing up the wrong problem.

Please stop trying to refocus the discussion.  Bringing up a model to
think about an issue can be a useful tool, but it can also be a tool
used to add obscurity.  In this instance, I think you and Vidya may be
having the ladder effect.

--Sam