Re: NATs as firewalls

2007-03-05 05:40:28

--On Monday, 05 March, 2007 11:44 +0100 Brian E Carpenter
<brc(_at_)zurich(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com> wrote:

John,

(after also reading Michael's response)

I don't disagree. I think there is scope for writing a list of
desirable properties for SOHO routers in the light of these
various inputs. I'm less certain it can be done for enterprise
boundary routers. But it would be a tricky and contentious job
in both cases. Even draft-ietf-v6ops-nap took many moons
and several major editing passes, and it only starts the work.

Agreed.  And I don't think I'm going to volunteer this month.

    john