RE: Document Action: 'Abstract Syntax Notation X (ASN.X)' to Experimental RFC

2007-03-13 08:14:01
I agree that there were no technical comments but the summary states 'no
comments'.

Arguments on complexity are too easy to make. Every time a proposal is made I
hear the complexity argument used against it. Everything we do is complex.
Computers are complex. Committee process usually increases complexity somewhat.

If an argument can always be used what is the discrimination power?

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian E Carpenter [mailto:brc(_at_)zurich(_dot_)ibm(_dot_)com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 10:11 AM
To: John C Klensin
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; Pekka Savola; iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: Document Action: 'Abstract Syntax Notation X
(ASN.X)' to Experimental RFC

I saw almost no technical comments on the documents. Most of
the last call comments I saw were on a side track about
copyright issues.

The one somewhat technical comment that I logged, from Tom
Yu, didn't result in any changes but was certainly
influential on me in agreeing to the documents being
reclassified from standards track to Experimental. This could
have been acknowledged in the writeup, I guess.

     Brian