Network update

2007-03-19 01:14:24
All,

Some of you have noticed trouble connecting to certain sites. This was an issue caused this morning by an attempt to improve reachability to R&E networks that are not multi-homed with a commodity link. Our attempts at implementing the improvements didn't work. Routing policies have been rolled back to the previous configuration and connectivity to all commodity Internet sites have been restored.

We would have done this earlier in the weekend, but due to cultural differences we needed for upstream network staff to become available. Network operations will continue to find a solution throughout the day in a way that will not impact the network. If we feel that we have a workable solution we will attempt to implement in the early hours before the meeting tomorrow morning.

Morgan