Re: Atompub WG activity (Last Call: draft-ietf-atompub-protocol to Proposed Standard)

2007-03-19 15:13:03
Julian Reschke schrieb:
Robert Sayre schrieb:

The IESG has received a request from the Atom Publishing Format and Protocol WG (atompub) to consider the following document:

- 'The Atom Publishing Protocol '
   <draft-ietf-atompub-protocol-14.txt> as a Proposed Standard

By my count, draft-ietf-atompub-protocol-14.txt has generated over 250 on-topic comments on the WG list since March 06, when the version was announced. It is clearly not ready for publication. I don't think it is appropriate for the IETF as a whole to review this document.

+ 0,5.

The document got lots of constructive feedback in the previous weeks (mainly due to fresh eyes), and I think it would be worthwhile to resolve most of the issues that were raised before doing the Last Call. This will save lots of time spent by new reviewers raising new issues.

I guess I need to rephrase that...

The important thing is that there's quite a number of changes that should be applied to draft-ietf-atompub-protocol-14.txt, some editorial, some clarifications, and potentially at least one normative change.

We need to make sure that these changes are properly executed, and be reviewed before publication. In general, I'm very nervous with changes done *after* Last Call, because they frequently are not as well reviewed as they should be. If we can make sure that this doesn't happen here, it's ok to go on.

That being said, two weeks of LC aren't exactly long, but I trust the IESG to do the right thing here :-)

Best regards, Julian