Re: [CONTENT] Re: identifying yourself at the mic

2007-03-27 07:28:36
Hmmmm

On Mon, 26 Mar 2007, Schliesser, Benson wrote:

In practice, alas, many of those who _do_ state
their name mumble it so thoroughly that I'm not
sure even repeated passes at the audio
record could decipher it.

Or, for that matter, have names that are of unfamiliar
origin/culture/language, pronounced in unfamiliar accents, over an audio
setup with an uneven response range, spoken in an embarrassed mumble.

(That last point alone could yield interesting commentary... Embarrassed to
focus on the self instead of the comment? Fear of wasting time? Ego can't
accept that people don't already know who you are? Why *do* people mumble
their name at the mic?)

It seems hopeless to me. I rather like the RFID idea. I wonder what such a
setup would cost to implement and operate?

Sun has been pushing RFID technology quite heavily ... perhaps they would
sponsor an experiment???