Re: Withdrawal of Approval and Second Last Call: draft-housley-tls-authz-extns

2007-04-11 04:31:04
Jari Arkko <jari(_dot_)arkko(_at_)piuha(_dot_)net> writes:

Ok. But let me clarify my question. I was specifically after "running
code" that
has worked well in some case, and not so much specific new text. (Running
code would show that at least some open source project was OK with the
license and that at least some specific set of company lawyers were OK with
making such a license.)

Oh, I see.  As far as company lawyers, I can think of RedHat's patent
policy:

http://www.redhat.com/legal/patent_policy.html

I realize that this is not a 'Patent License' but rather a 'Promise
not to enforce', but the end result for free software developers is
the same, I think.

I do not know which patents RedHat owns or whether there is any free
software that depends on this promise, though.

/Simon