Re: Withdrawal of Approval and Second Last Call: draft-housley-tls-authz-extns

2007-04-09 19:12:58
"Russ" == Russ Housley <housley(_at_)vigilsec(_dot_)com> writes:

    Russ> Dean: I always recuse myself from IESG evaluation of a
    Russ> document for which I am an author.  You will find this to be
    Russ> the normal practice for all IESG members.

Russ, Dean, Todd and others.  Might I suggest that this part of this
discussion has outlived its useful life on the ietf list.  I'd like to
thank all those who have participated for helping us understand what
happened and for expressing their opinions.

However, at this point, people seemed happy with taking the draft to
the TLS working group.  The authors asked for a week delay while they
prepared a new IPR disclosure.  That disclosure seems to have hit the
IETF servers, so I'll touch back with the authors and then engage the
TLS chairs.

I'd like to suggest that discussions of what Russ should or should not
have done,rehashing the facts of the situation yet again,and comments
about specific legal obligations the IETF or its participants may or
may not have with regard to this situation are not benefitting the
ietf list.

Thanks,

Sam Hartman
Security Area Director