Re: [Geopriv] Irregularities with the GEOPRIV Meeting at IETF 68

2007-04-19 07:28:11
I want to make three peripheral comments.

1. I congratulate the ADs for bringing this to the general list.
If we habitually resolve such difficulties openly, we strengthen
the IETF going forward.

2. I think we have a general problem of assuming that issues
"decided" in the meeting room and "approved" on the mailing list
by lack of complaint at the draft minutes have in fact gained
rough consensus. I'm very glad that GEOPRIV isn't assuming
that, and IMHO all WGs should copy.

3. It's aggravating when meetings get rescheduled on site, but we've
been warning people for a couple of years that "IETF Meetings
start Monday morning and run through Friday lunchtime, with late
scheduling changes." Those last 4 words mean what they say, after all.

   Brian