Re: Use of LWSP in ABNF -- consensus call

2007-05-15 02:07:43
In message <464926FC(_dot_)30109(_at_)att(_dot_)com>, Tony Hansen
<tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com> writes
Lisa Dusseault wrote:
I share your concerns about removing rules that are already in use --
that would generally be a bad thing.  However I'm interested in the
consensus around whether a warning or a deprecation statement would be a
good thing.

LWSP has a valid meaning and use, and its being misapplied somewhere
doesn't make that meaning and usage invalid.

Agreed - well put.

I could see a note being
added. However, anything more than that is totally inappropriate.

I would vote against even adding a note. It seems disproportionate to change a 10 year specification at this late stage on the basis of a single case of a misapplied, but valid, rule in another specification.

Regards
--
Paul Overell         Internet Platform Development Manager, Thus plc